Hands-on Career Simulation for K-12 Students
A year-round workforce exploration center will provide K-12 students across Southwest Virginia with hands-on career simulation. Alongside educators in field trips and camps, an estimated 25,000 students will visit the center, annually. Activities and curriculum will align with the Virginia Department of Education’s 17 career clusters and help spur interest in our region's manufacturing and STEM jobs. This is the first facility in our region of its kind and likely to become a hallmark of successful rural workforce development.
Career Field Day
Built as a town square, 20 semi-custom storefronts and career simulation labs will frame an open expo space. Businesses can sponsor and brand the shops, then engage youth during field trips and beyond. Through repeat visits, students will engage in hands-on activities representing real jobs in our region.
Invest in Your Future Talent
A sponsorship provides an exceptional talent pipeline strategy. In addition to connecting with the future workforce, sponsors receive volunteer opportunities, event space, and brand engagement.
- Create lasting experiential brand engagement.
- Engage Southwest Virginia’s future workforce.
- Reach a wide audience of potential customers, including students, parents, and teachers.
- Invest in the communities where employees live, work, and raise families.
- Make a large, tax-deductible donation to support workforce readiness and youth education.